These few points should increase your chances of success greatly in selling in a market like this. As always there are many more tips and tricks to selling your home and as with any other trade a professional knows them better than anyone else. Coccia Real Estate Group is available 7 days a week at 973-887-2500. Please call us for a free market evaluation of your home.
How to sell your home in a Buyer’s market
If you are thinking of selling your home in today’s market it is not all bad news. Sure, times are tough and the days of 3 buyers for every home are long gone but that does not mean it is impossible. If you take a few steps in preparation of putting your house on the market you are certain to have greater success. Here are a few things to keep in mind while you are preparing to sell.
- Recognize the market is always changing…Realize that the most important tool you can use to save yourself money is information. Try and get the most up to date data so you can compare your house to inventory that has sold. Take that data and use it to properly price your home. Continue to watch the market for changes and adjust accordingly.
- Don’t fight exposure…The best quality to look for in a Real Estate office is exposure. Allow your Real Estate Professional to hold open houses for both the public and brokers. Pictures sell houses! The more pictures that show the interior and exterior of your home the better. More buyers click on listings that have pictures when surfing the internet. Clicks lead to showings and showings lead to offers!
- Get your house together before marketing…Take a moment and examine your home for the following: Does it need paint or freshening up, is the entryway and front door clean and bright, does the house need cleaning or is it cluttered, is the landscaping neat and maintained, are there any obvious problems that need to be addressed. Hire a “Home Stager” if necessary.
- Choose a marketing plan…A strategy of where to advertise your house and how you are going to get traffic inside your house is always the best idea. A Real Estate Professional knows what advertising methods work and what doesn’t. You should think about how long you will keep your house at a certain price point before adjusting. If this is decided ahead of time it will be easier to stick too and you will have an easier time in a buyer’s market.
- Don’t make things hard for yourself…Make it easy for people to see your home. You must mask it convenient as possible for buyers to get in to view your home. There is much more inventory on the market now and you can give yourself a big advantage by making your house super easy “to show”. Consider a lockbox if you are currently listed with a Realtor.