Occasionally we get a house that we have a real tough time getting offers on from qualified buyers. Since I am in the business for a long time I know that it is possible to sell any house. Usually there is a reason buyers are over looking the home and it is not always price. Here is a great list that mentions issues that “put off” buyers.
FOR BUYERS: You may want to see past some of these issues because the house you pass on today may be tomorrow’s “Gem”.
10 Tips for Generating Buyer Interest
Distraught sellers who need to generate more interest in house that has been languishing on the market for months should consider 10 steps from MSNBC financial guru Laura T. Coffey
1. Can the clutter. Pack up knickknacks, pictures, piles of paper and furniture that makes the place look crowded.
2. Let the light in. Take down any heavy drapes.
3. Scrub-a-dub-dub. Shampoo soiled carpets, Scrub the front door. Repaint scuffed walls.
4. Tidy up the lawn and trim the shrubs.
5. Get moving on the “honey do” list. Fix everything that is in need of repair.
6. Enhance the view. Erect a fence or plant shrubbery to improve or obscure the view of unattractive nearby properties or streets.
7. Try weeknights. Holding an open house on Wednesday may attract a different crowd.
8. Ask for criticism. Consult with buyers’ agents for their feedback.
9. Send the owners away. Ask them to vacate when potential buyers come around so they can talk freely.
10. Drop the asking price. And figure out the lowest amount you’re willing or able to accept.